What is Search Engine?
A Search Engine is defined as a web based tool, which searches the results of a specific targeted query, entered by the user on the web and in return it provides you with a list of search results most appropriate to the keyword. It can be defined as a computer program which helps in locating the most relevant information asked by the user on the Web. Some of the popular Search Engines include Google, Yahoo, Bing, Baidu and MSN Search.
What is Search Engine Ranking?
Search engine ranking is the position at which a particular site appears in the results of a search engine query. Each page of the search results typically lists 10 websites, although they are sometimes augmented with local listings, videos and images. Ranking higher in the search results actually corresponds to a lower number (#1), while ranking lower corresponds to a higher number (#10). Many site owners engage in SEO campaigns in order to improve their search engine ranking and move their website closer to the top of the results because websites that are ranked higher typically get a larger percentage of click-throughs and attract more visitors than lower ranked websites.
The secret of webpage’s ranking by Search Engines!
There are certain basic factors that all the search engines use to help value a site and propel that site to the top of the rankings. The website will also have a lot of natural backlinks from external websites. The search engine uses this information to determine which sites get ranked the highest. The key components to SEO are:
- On Page Factors
- Off Page Factors
On Page Factors:
On-page factors work on the website page so that the website is search engine friendly and also to improve Search Engine rankings for the keywords. Some of the on-page factors affecting the ranking of the web pages are:
- Proper content of the Page: The content of the website should be unique and relevant to the website; this is what all the Search Engines look for ‘Content is the King’, it is rightly said as the ranking of the website is dependent on the content of the webpage. The webmasters should make sure that while creating a website the content should be logical and should consists of keywords which help the website to be easily searched.
- Title Tags: It is an HTML tag which is used to define the text or the title of the search listings which is on the top of Web browser. The title should be accurate and should give a brief of the page’s content. The tag is very essential to each and every website and it’s web pages, and each webpage should have a different Title tag.
- Meta Description Tag: The Meta description tag is intended to be a brief description of your site or page’s content which can be used by the search engines.
- Keyword Density: It is defined as the percentage of keywords or keyword phrase that appears on your webpage. A percentage between 1.25 to 1.5 is ideal.
- XML Sitemap: It is always advisable to have an XML Sitemap as it permits a Search Engine crawler to index the list of URLs for a website.
Off-Page factors are defined as the factors which help to improve the website ranking outside the boundaries of the web pages. These ranking factors are not directly controlled by the publisher. Some of the off-page factors affecting the ranking of the web pages are:
- Building Quality Link Building: There is nothing better for a website to build good quality links for it. To increase the Search Engine Rankings, quality websites should be linked. By building external links to your website, you are trying to accumulate as many links as you can and rank higher.
- Blog Directories: The directories like yellow pages, sulekha helps in creating links as each entry is a backlink to a website.
- Comment link: In comment link, you comment on some other websites in order to get a link for yourself.
- Article Directories: If you publish your article in the article directories, you will get a backlink to your website. Mainly directories accept only original content, but there can be some directories which accepts article which are reworded.
- Forum Posting: Forum postings are defined as online discussion websites where group of people come and share their views about a particular topic.It can be an open discussion or a closed. People included their links in their signatures.
- Social Networking: Social networking is very helpful in terms of gaining website traffic as it helps to extend our online network of contacts thats helps in socialising with others. We can also share and promote our website on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Tumblr, etc.
At the end of the day, search engines are concerned with delivering relevant, fresh content to their users in the results. Understanding how document analysis works and the many factors at play can help website publishers not only improve their web pages, but also their search rankings. If you’re looking for a company to help you get to the top of the search engine rankings, Give SEO Ninja Softwares a try! With more than 5000+ satisfied clients and over 2000+ raving fans, our search engine optimization skills have been proven to help businesses just like yours find success online. We offer Premium Local SEO, E-Commerce SEO, and global SEO from startups to Corporate businesses. Our pricing is reasonable, high-retentionable and offer #1 Ranking on Google. Feel free for any queries or questions you may have to our 24/7 customer support. So if you don’t see results, we’ll give you your money back. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about our SEO pricing plans or any other queries, or the methods we use to improve your site’s visibility in search engines such as Google. Feel free to contact us at any time!